Friday, March 7, 2008

! Parents Are Here !

All the students' parents have arrived for the Parents Weekend. Tonight at dinner, Nat and I (and all the students) have to give a small presentation/speech. Nat and I will be talking about each of our girls/guys about the ways that they have each grown, changed, and transformed over the past 8 months we have had them. What I want to know is: Why - oh why - on earth am I so nervous?? I think it's because I'm feeling a little bit void of clarity and insight the past few days. My mind feels all cloudy and still reeling from Culiacan, and I know it's ridiculous to be nervous, which doesn't help at all. These are my girls. Each of whom I love dearly, and spend every day with. Why would it make me nervous to tell their parents what I've loved seeing in them, the things I've watched, how it has been, etc...?

Ok, you know what. I'm just going to get over it. This is nothing to freak out about. This is a great opportunity to encourage the parents and families that their loved one who is doing Ventana is wonderful and special, and why... This is not about me in any way. I am selfish to be nervous about it. It's a chance, not a test, and I want to take this chance willingly, without stressing out about it internally and then being so surprised when it turns out ok.

[truthfully - i can't wait to go to bed tonight when it is all over... and have a whole day off tomorrow...]

but Lord - you are with us. I pray that you be whispering softly in the hearts of Nat and I as we seek to portray the work You have been doing in Ventana this year. Help me not to be selfish. Help me to stand their humbly, unconcerned with what I look like or what my hair is doing, and to take a deep breath and then - whatever You would like me to say, I'll say. I pray for calm assurance, warm friendliness, and clear speech. I love you, Father. Thank You for loving me despite my ridiculousness.

sheepishly,

ellen

No comments: